Sunday, November 16, 2014

Basic solution structure in Visual Studio



This is just a quick note about the way I structure my solutions in Visual Studio, it is not a good practice or a standard, it is just the way I like to structure my solutions. 


Create the solution

I know you can create your first project and creating the solution at the same time, but, come on! You are going to create your solution only once, take the time (and the pleasure) for creating it properly.



Use solution folders

This is the best way for structure all you projects within the solution. I structure my projects in folders depending of the module they belong.



Order your folders

As you can see on the previous picture I have created a folder for each layer in my applications (Client & Service), personally I like order my projects from more external to deeper layer (understanding my database layer is the deeper one).



 

Enjoy coding

Now I have created my solution structure I can follow up writing other posts using this solution structure!

No comments:

Post a Comment